PA Criminal Law Firm – Delaware County Criminal Defense
“Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Philadelphia” by Super Lawyers (2015-2020)
Page last updated: February 11, 2020
Our criminal law firm represents clients in Delaware County, Pennsylvania who are facing homicide, drug possession/dealing and illegal firearm possession charges.
Criminal Cases Handled in Delaware County: Media, Broomall, Chester, Newtown Square, Ridley, Upper Darby, Drexel Hill, Chadds Ford. Call for a FREE consultation (215) 564-0644
Our PA Criminal Law Practice
Firm partner David Nenner is a highly rated and experienced criminal lawyer who has represented clients in federal and state cases for over 30 years. He focuses on major felony matters including homicide, murder drug and gun cases.
Mr. Nenner’s cases are often featured in local and national news. Most recently, in 2019, he handled a murder case in Philadelphia which resulted in a Not Guilty jury verdict. He presented a successful self-defense theory based on the evidence and effective cross-examination (Commonwealth v. Jabir Kennedy).
Approach in Defending Criminal Cases in Delaware County
For criminal cases in Delaware County, Mr. Nenner uses an effective approach for getting the best results for his clients. The most important factor is a full investigation which includes locating any and all evidence that’s helpful for the defense. This often includes interviewing key witnesses, both eyewitnesses and character witnesses.
Latest Not Guilty Case Result: June 2019, Mr. Nenner obtained a NOT GUILTY jury verdict in a first degree sex assault case in Commonwealth v. Rolle, Docket No. CP-51-CR-0005699-2017. See more criminal case results.
Some criminal charges in Delaware County may be dismissed or reduced by successfully raising constitutional or legal challenges to the Delco District Attorney’s prosecution. This includes Motions to Suppress Evidence due to violations of search and seizure law.
One of the most important factors in winning a Motion to Suppress Evidence based on police conduct is to have independent evidence of the illegal police acts i.e., any evidence which can corroborate the defendant’s version of events and show that the officer is not telling the truth.
Related Criminal Law Articles:
- Drug Charges in Delaware & Chester Counties – Search & Seizure Law (September 24, 2019) For drug possession and dealing cases, one of the most important issues is whether evidence can be suppressed. Oftentimes, when drug evidence or evidence of dealing (scales, baggies, etc.) is suppressed, some or all of the charges will be dismissed.
- Pennsylvania Gun Charges in Federal Court – Mandatory Prison Sentences (March 20, 2019) Gun possession charges in federal court in Pennsylvania come with long prison sentences. What are some of the best defenses?
- Facing Murder Charges? Initial Steps to the Best Defense (March 11, 2019) If you’re facing a murder charge, even if an attempted murder charge, these are steps to take to ensure the best possible outcome.
Delaware County Criminal Court & Probation Info
*Info below is current as of February 2020; confirm info at www.delcopa.gov/courts/departments.html.
Delco Courthouse: 201 West Front Street, Media, PA 19063, (610) 891-4000
Delco Probation Office: 3rd and Orange Streets, Media, PA 19063, (610) 891-4590 *Fonfield Building Entrance
Additional Delco Probation Offices
- Chester: 151 West 5th Street, Chester, PA 19013, (610) 447-1746
- Sharon Hill: 1600 Calcon Hook Road and Tribbet Ave., Bldg #4,Sharon Hill, PA 19079, (610) 461-8287
- Upper Darby: 6909 Ludlow Street, 6th Floor, Upper Darby, PA 19082, (610) 713-2525