Last updated: February 18, 2016
The criminal law library of Nenner & Namerow, P.C. provides criminal law articles, FAQs, and news about drugs and narcotics charges and offenses in Philadelphia, PA. The articles, FAQs and news are for information only and do not provide legal advice.
If you would like a free consultation by our criminal lawyers, please call (215) 564-0644.
Philadelphia Criminal Law Articles
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer, David Nenner Discusses Recent Police Corruption in the News (December 6, 2017) Allegations of Philadelphia police officers being corrupt is nothing new. Last month, a judge threw out a murder conviction due to fabricated evidence by a detective.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Cases – Homicide and Affirmative Defenses (November 28, 2017) Philadelphia criminal defense cases, such as homicide cases, do not require defendants to prove they are innocent of the alleged crimes. Rather, the burden of proof rests on the prosecution. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed a crime. In addition, defendants do not have to take the stand to ...
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Defenses to Weapons Crimes (November 27, 2017) Individuals charged with weapons offenses face serious consequences. In this article, Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer discusses defenses to weapons crimes.
- Philadelphia Criminal Lawyer Discusses Weapons and Gun Charges (November 21, 2017) In Pennsylvania, residents can own firearms, as long as they are legally obtained. Owners are not required to register their firearms. However, there are strict rules that regulate ownership of weapons, such as guns, shot guns, etc. If you are charged and convicted of weapons offenses, you face serious penalties. Common Weapons & Gun Charges in ...
- How Miranda Warnings Impact PA Drug Cases – By a Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer (October 30, 2017) Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer discusses impact of Miranda warnings on Pennsylvania drug cases. If Miranda warnings are not read to arrested individuals and the individuals make incriminating statements thereafter, heir case may be dismissed.
- No Miranda Warnings – Can an Attempted Murder Case Be Dismissed? By a Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer (October 25, 2017) When individuals are not read their Miranda warnings after being arrested for attempted murder, can the case be dismissed? Not necessarily. See discussion by David Nenner, a top rated Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer.
- What Happens After You Are Arrested for Drug Related Crimes in Philadelphia? (October 16, 2017) What happens after an arrest for a drug related crime in Philadelphia? What are the individual’s legal rights? See discussion by top rated Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Illegal Searches (September 28, 2017) In Philadelphia criminal defense cases, whether it is a homicide case, weapons case or a drug related case, the prosecution has the burden to prove that the defendant committed the crime. As such, the prosecution has to provide evidence to prove the defendant’s guilt, i.e., a weapon, eye witness testimony, drugs or other types of ...
- Philadelphia Homicide Lawyer Discusses Recent PA Supreme Court Opinion – Juveniles and Life Without Parole (August 16, 2017) Pursuant to United Supreme Court decisions, it is unconstitutional to sentence a juvenile to a life in prison without parole unless the DA can prove that the juvenile is unable to be rehabilitated. See a discussion of recent Supreme Court opinion remanding the PA’s Superior Court’s decision affirming a juvenile’s life sentence without parole.
- Illegal Stops and Frisks in Philadelphia – By a Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer (August 15, 2017) There has been a problem of illegal stops and frisks in Philadelphia. Though reports show that there has been a decline since 2011, there is still work to do. See article by a Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer discussing this issue.
- Stop and Frisk in Philadelphia Criminal Drug Cases (August 11, 2017) Philadelphia police will stop individuals when they have reasonable suspicion to believe that criminal activity is at hand, such as selling drugs. However, many of these stops made by the police are illegal. According to reports, about 140,000 people were stopped in 2016, and 35,000 people were stopped illegally.* In order to stop someone, the police ...
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Answers Question About Vehicular Homicide and DUIs (July 17, 2017) What charges and punishment does one face if driving under the influence in Philadelphia? What happens if another person was injured or worse, dies, as a result of the DUI accident? See answer here by a Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer.
- Will Pennsylvania’s Drug-Free Zone & Mandatory Sentencing Laws be Revived? By a Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer (July 11, 2017) After 2013, many of the mandatory sentencing laws in Pennsylvania were declared unconstitutional. There has been and is an attempt to revive the drug-free zone law and mandatory sentencing law. See discussion by our Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Homicides – Difference Between Voluntary Manslaughter and Involuntary Manslaughter (June 23, 2017) What is manslaughter? What is the difference between involuntary manslaughter and voluntary manslaughter? Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer answers these questions.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Homicides – What is the Difference Between Manslaughter and Murder Charges? (June 22, 2017) Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer discusses homicides and the difference between manslaughter and murder charges.
Philadelphia Criminal & Legal Resources
Philadelphia Criminal Justice Center
1301 Filbert Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Court of Common Pleas (Philadelphia) Criminal Case Forms
James A. Byrne U.S. Courthouse
601 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
833 Chestnut Street, Suite 1220
Philadelphia, PA 19107