Last updated: February 18, 2016
The criminal law library of Nenner & Namerow, P.C. provides criminal law articles, FAQs, and news about drugs and narcotics charges and offenses in Philadelphia, PA. The articles, FAQs and news are for information only and do not provide legal advice.
If you would like a free consultation by our criminal lawyers, please call (215) 564-0644.
Philadelphia Criminal Law Articles
- What Happens After You Are Arrested for Drug Related Crimes in Philadelphia? (October 16, 2017) What happens after an arrest for a drug related crime in Philadelphia? What are the individual’s legal rights? See discussion by top rated Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Illegal Searches (September 28, 2017) In Philadelphia criminal defense cases, whether it is a homicide case, weapons case or a drug related case, the prosecution has the burden to prove that the defendant committed the crime. As such, the prosecution has to provide evidence to prove the defendant’s guilt, i.e., a weapon, eye witness testimony, drugs or other types of ...
- Philadelphia Homicide Lawyer Discusses Recent PA Supreme Court Opinion – Juveniles and Life Without Parole (August 16, 2017) Pursuant to United Supreme Court decisions, it is unconstitutional to sentence a juvenile to a life in prison without parole unless the DA can prove that the juvenile is unable to be rehabilitated. See a discussion of recent Supreme Court opinion remanding the PA’s Superior Court’s decision affirming a juvenile’s life sentence without parole.
- Illegal Stops and Frisks in Philadelphia – By a Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer (August 15, 2017) There has been a problem of illegal stops and frisks in Philadelphia. Though reports show that there has been a decline since 2011, there is still work to do. See article by a Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer discussing this issue.
- Stop and Frisk in Philadelphia Criminal Drug Cases (August 11, 2017) Philadelphia police will stop individuals when they have reasonable suspicion to believe that criminal activity is at hand, such as selling drugs. However, many of these stops made by the police are illegal. According to reports, about 140,000 people were stopped in 2016, and 35,000 people were stopped illegally.* In order to stop someone, the police ...
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Answers Question About Vehicular Homicide and DUIs (July 17, 2017) What charges and punishment does one face if driving under the influence in Philadelphia? What happens if another person was injured or worse, dies, as a result of the DUI accident? See answer here by a Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer.
- Will Pennsylvania’s Drug-Free Zone & Mandatory Sentencing Laws be Revived? By a Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer (July 11, 2017) After 2013, many of the mandatory sentencing laws in Pennsylvania were declared unconstitutional. There has been and is an attempt to revive the drug-free zone law and mandatory sentencing law. See discussion by our Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Homicides – Difference Between Voluntary Manslaughter and Involuntary Manslaughter (June 23, 2017) What is manslaughter? What is the difference between involuntary manslaughter and voluntary manslaughter? Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer answers these questions.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Homicides – What is the Difference Between Manslaughter and Murder Charges? (June 22, 2017) Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer discusses homicides and the difference between manslaughter and murder charges.
- PA Drugs & Controlled Substance Forfeitures – When Property Seizures Are Against the Eighth Amendment (June 12, 2017) Many Philadelphia property owners have been victims of PA’s Controlled Substances Forfeiture Act. Many forfeitures are disproportionate to the crime, violating the Eighth Amendment. A PA Supreme Court case provides new standard for forfeiture cases, providing more protection for property owners.
- PA Drugs & Controlled Substance Forfeiture Cases – Recent Decision Affords More Protection for Homeowners (June 8, 2017) A PA Supreme Court decision late last month affirmed a lower court’s decision in a Philadelphia controlled substance forfeiture case. The decisions affords more protection for innocent homeowners.
- Renunciation in Philadelphia Criminal Felony Murder Cases, a Defense to Conspiracy (May 18, 2017) Top rated Philadelphia criminal felony murder lawyer discusses conspiracy charges and defenses, such as renunciation. Read more about defenses that may be presented.
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Discusses Conspiracy Crimes – Elements of the Crime (May 17, 2017) In this article, we discuss conspiracy to a crime, one of the more common charges in many Philadelphia criminal defense cases. The elements of the crime are discussed and related crimes.
- Philadelphia PA Criminal Lawyer – Beating Possession with Intent to Deliver Charges (May 15, 2017) Philadelphia PA criminal lawyer discusses Possession with Intent to Deliver Charges and how to beat the charges. Mr. Nenner offers FREE initial consultation.
- Philadelphia Criminal Law – Murder & Related Charges (May 10, 2017) Top rated Philly criminal lawyer David S. Nenner gives explains murder, aggravated assault and robbery charges in a common Philadelphia criminal case.
Philadelphia Criminal & Legal Resources
Philadelphia Criminal Justice Center
1301 Filbert Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Court of Common Pleas (Philadelphia) Criminal Case Forms
James A. Byrne U.S. Courthouse
601 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
833 Chestnut Street, Suite 1220
Philadelphia, PA 19107